And I didn’t expect to be Jackie or Marilyn. This one is pretty accurate, I think–and with only 2 questions!
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz…
You Are a Grace!
You are a Grace — “I need to understand the world.”
Graces have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be independent, not clingy
- * Speak in a straightforward and brief manner
- * I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts
- * Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable
- * Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity
- * If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place
- * don’t come on like a bulldozer
- * Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people’s loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy
What I Like About Being a Grace
* standing back and viewing life objectively
* coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects
* my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure
* not being caught up in material possessions and status
* being calm in a crisis
What’s Hard About Being a Grace
- * being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
- * feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
- * being pressured to be with people when I don’t want to be
- * watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally
Graces as Children Often
- * spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on
- * have a few special friends rather than many
- * are very bright and curious and do well in school
- * have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers
- * watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information
- * assume a poker face in order not to look afraid
- * are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict
- * feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected
Graces as Parents
- * are often kind, perceptive, and devoted
- * are sometimes authoritarian and demanding
- * may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
- * may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions
Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy
Found at We Have Been Blessed.
Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test…
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I
can’t find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don’t. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you’re not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.
Take The Commonly Confused Words Test at HelloQuizzy
I wouldn’t want to be the president anyway.
Your result for The Presidential Capacity Test…
Religious Adviser to the President
79% Values, 53% Charisma and 47% Judgment!
How would YOU do on the Presidential Capacity Test?
About 60 years too late, that is!
Hat tip to Angie.
Then he laughed in my face. I got the worst results of everyone in the household with an age in the double digits.
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Your Thinking is Concrete and Sequential
You are precise, orderly, and realistic.
You tend to get to the point and get things done.
Difficult, detailed work is easy for you. You take things step by step.
Time limits aren’t a problem for you either. You work well with deadlines.
What does drive you crazy is any sort of task that isn’t precisely laid out.
You don’t like anything to be ambiguous. You prefer to deal with the facts at hand.
Looks like me and Ellen are from opposite ends of the thinking spectrum!
My parents will be relieved that my college degree in Spanish is still serving me well.
You Passed 8th Grade Spanish
Congratulations, you got 8/8 correct!
Via Amy Caroline.
My high-school vocabulary teacher would be proud of me. We were all required to take a once-a-week vocabulary enrichment course until January of senior year. Apparently, it paid off.
H/T Michelle at Rosetta Stone, who also has a genius-reading-level blog
What’s scary here is that in 5 questions, they managed to figure all this out. It’s all true, too.
|What Your Halloween Habits Say About You
You’re a friendly person, but not the life of the party. You like making someone else’s day – and you’ll dress up if you think of a really fun costume.
You’re weird. You’re downright deviant. And you use dressing up in a costume as an excuse to act out.
Your inner child is full of wonder and very sweet.
You truly fear the dark side of humanity. You are a true misanthrope.
You’re logical, rational, and not easily effected. Not a lot scares you… especially when it comes to the paranormal.
You are picky and high maintenance. If you wear a Halloween costume, it’s only when you really feel like it. And it has to be perfect.
|Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Very popular, one of you is not enough.
Wonder if I could tweak my results to make it turn out that I am a Milky Way (my favorite candy EVER).
Via Jean at Catholic Fire.