Coming May 14, 2021, from Our Sunday Visitor: The Handy Little Guide to Prayer
God knows what’s on our minds and in our hearts, but we still need to verbalize our innermost thoughts, feelings, and intentions. That’s prayer.
In this easy-to-read, down-to-earth introduction to conversation with God, you’ll discover, or rediscover, what you need to be able to “pray without ceasing.”
In this brief booklet, author, mom, wife, and Secular Franciscan Barb Szyszkiewicz helps you strengthen your connection to God through prayer. You’ll learn:
- How to pray alone and establish an intimate connection with God
- How to pray with the whole Church
- What the saints teach us about prayer
- When to pray, including formal and informal times for prayer
- Many different styles and methods of prayer, including the prayers of the Church, adoration, meditation, music, art, and journaling.
Your connection to God in prayer can happen anywhere, at any time. No special equipment is needed; no dress code, no reservation required, no admission fee. All you need is an open heart and a willingness to engage with our Creator.
This booklet has an Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat.
Available for purchase at these booksellers – or order from your favorite Catholic shop!
The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion (Ave Maria Press)
Word by Word: Slowing Down with the Hail Mary (Ave Maria Press)
Find My Work Online
My recipe blog is at Cook and Count: Feeding Type 1 Diabetics and the Whole Family
Editor and contributing writer at CatholicMom.com