So here you go: Just How Weird IS SFO Mom?
1. If I’m awake, I’m wearing shoes. I have a nice pair of slippers that my in-laws gave me for Christmas last year with a new robe. They’re hardly used! I put on a pair of clogs in the morning and wear those around until I’m dressed, at which point I’m in actual shoes.
2. If it’s below 45 degrees and I’m outside, I’m wearing gloves. My fingers like to be warm.
3. I’m absolutely obsessive about “repeating” clothing, to the point where I will look through old pictures of Christmas Eve celebrations to make sure I don’t wear the same thing again. I also go through this every Sunday for church. When I was teaching part-time, I actually KEPT A LIST of what I wore every day, so my “Tuesday” students wouldn’t see me in the same outfit 2 weeks in a row. Like first-graders would notice, or care.
4. If the cookie or candy is shaped like a person or an animal, I always eat the head first. The same goes for “Peeps.”
5. I have this irrational need to be “first.” Remember when you were a little kid and you’d race with your siblings to get to the car, and yell, “FIRST!”? If Big Daddy and I both drive to church because he is running late, and I have to get those of us involved in ministries (music, altar server) there early, we have a race to get home, and I will admit to some road behaviors on such occasions that I normally do not engage in. On Christmas, he actually let me pass him ON OUR STREET so I could be first in the driveway. That’s true love.
OK, am I unbalanced enough for you?