Ellen and Denise tagged me for this meme. Here are the rules:
Those tagged will share 5 things they love about Jesus.
Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
Those tagged will provide a link in the combox here with their name so that others can read them.
I figured that since we have the words of Jesus in the Gospels, I’d use some of them to explain why I love Jesus:
1. “The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” John 6:64
2. “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
3. “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.” John 11:25-26
4. “I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.” John 13:15
5. “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me…This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.” Luke 22: 19-20
Does anyone else have the Bible School song “Oh, how I love Jesus” running through their head every time they get to this meme?
And I want to give a big “thank you” to Debbie who graciously gave me permission to use her lovely image (with yet another one of my favorite Gospel quotes) to illustrate this post.
Margaret in Minnesota