Just for fun, I’m piggybacking on Lisa Hess’s post, 3 Things You’ll Find in My Car, But Not My Husband’s.
I purposely didn’t include a number in my title, because I’m quite sure I can think of more than 3 without even going to the car.
- Maps. I’m a visual girl. I don’t want my phone telling me how to get somewhere. I need to see it on the map, then write down the directions, then have the directions there.
- Pens, Sharpie and Scotch tape. In a pencil case, no less.
- Batteries (AAA, or what the kids used to call “triple batteries,” for the headsets to the in-van movie.)
- A trash container.
- A couple of fleece blankets and at least one beach towel, for warmth and for covering the seats and steering wheels on hot days.
- Snacks. TheKid is diabetic. We have a stash of granola bars in the car at all times.
- Book. I have a big Real Simple hint book I got for free someplace, and I keep it in the car for when I’m stuck for a few minutes and need something to browse.
Yes, I treat my minivan like it’s one of the rooms in my home. I’m in it enough.
Prepared? Or packrat? You might need it someday–that’s my philosophy. And everything on this list has been needed at one time or another.