Hubs had a business trip this week, so it’s just been me and The Kid (formerly known as Little Brother. He’s almost as tall as me now, which he loves to remind me about, and The Kid is shorter for tweeting purposes, so he’s been renamed.)
I’m sleepless in NJ this morning (it was a bad diabetic night…4 juice runs and one desperation cookie…his sugar just would not stay up) and I’m getting a cold. There will be no NyQuil until Friday night, when Hubs will be home, however, so I just have to tough it out.
I gave up homemade lattes for Lent, and I won’t be having one today–time to just stick to tea in my mug. It feels good on the throat.
Here’s what DID work this week, so far:
1. We enjoyed our Easter dinner with all 3 kids on Saturday, because Hubs had to be at the airport before dinnertime Sunday (and he spent the rest of the day with the younger 2 kids, visiting his mom at the nursing home)
2. Big Brother brought his new octave mandolin and played with the folk group for Easter Mass. I miss having him here to play with us every Sunday!
3. Big Brother dropped Hubs off at the airport on his way back home.
4. I took The Kid up to the Great White North and we stayed with my parents for 2 days. We got to see my brother’s family and my great-aunt, who taught all the kids a card game that she plays with the other seniors at her apartment complex.
5. We got home yesterday in plenty of time for folk group practice. Today will be spent at my Adoration hour and assembling some kit furniture: a new desk for The Kid. The 20+-year-old desk he was using is falling apart. He is excited to have a new desk that he chose for himself. We got it at Ikea. The back of the hutch is a magnetic whiteboard, which I think is a great feature. I can write his chore list every day on there <insert evil laughter>
Shall we take bets on how long it’ll take me to put this bad boy together?
© 2015 Barb Szyszkiewicz